Third Sentence Thursday used to be a meme hosted by popular book blog Proud Book Nerd, where bloggers open the book they are currently reading to a random page and share the third full sentence with their blog readers.
Seeing as Proud Book Nerd doesn’t seem to be hosting this meme anymore, I thought I might start it up here so that other interested bloggers can join in the fun too!
– Take any book you are currently reading and open it to a random page. Share the third full sentence on that page. (If there isn’t a third one – like at the end of a chapter or a blank page – you can share the third sentence of the book or just choose another random page.) Feel free to share more than one sentence, if you think it adds to the enjoyment!
– If you like, you can share your thoughts on the sentence (but do not feel like this is essential)
– If you don’t have a blog, feel free to join in by posting your third sentence contribution in the comments here.
– Post a link to your blog post in the link list above, and please link your TST blog post here too.
– Add the “Third Sentence Thursday” button to your blog please 🙂
– Please be social! Visit one or two of the other blogs to check out their third sentence(s), and leave a comment if you have the time.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
This weeks TST comes from Dear Fatty by Dawn French
“Later on in the evening, we had the traditional family party highlight – ‘The Informative Dance of the Two Elderly Sisters’, as it came to be known in inner family circles” – page 29
Don’t forget to add the “Third Sentence Thursday” meme button to your blog so others can join in the fun!